Crisis Journal: Entries XIV-XVI

Monday 4.20.20

Today was a rough day for me personally. Being in quarantine has really pushed me to do a lot of stupid or irresponsible things just to fill the time or cope with the stillness of everything, and I feel like I started caring about my health and safety less and less throughout the course of the quarantine. After waking up on the floor with no recollection of what had happened, covered in bruises over my entire body,and finding a random human tooth on my floor, I think I've decided that cheap thrills aren't for me, despite my need for adrenaline.

Still, my health continues to deteriorate. Most days I don't eat more than a couple crackers, and I'm usually exhausted and faint throughout the day, but can never manage to sleep at night because I've been having recurring night terrors since quarantine started. Some of my hairs have been growing in white recently, which has usually been a pretty good indicator of my health in the past. I recall a pretty significant amount of my hair turning white when I was hospitalized for norovirus, and I remember that during finals week of my freshman year, my hair started falling out in clumps.


Wednesday 4.22.20

I was productive today--I got to cleaning around the house and doing some extra chores to keep myself busy and make the workload a little easier for my parents when they get home from work every day. Other than that, the day was pretty uneventful. There isn't much to do during quarantine unless you're violating quarantine, which is kind of just how things are going to be for a while. I've also been playing guitar a bit more with my friends as well--we'll get into a FaceTime call and then start jamming together on our guitars, or play some music online and sing to it together. I've also recently gotten back into learning some new songs, which I haven't done for a while.

Most of the day, I'm still just calling with friends who aren't at work or playing Terraria with them. On my own time when my friends are away at work, I'm usually playing Honkai Impact 3rd, Candy Crush, or Two Dots on my phone. I'm usually just trying to figure out what I'm going to do to fill my time and keep me from making and stupid decisions solely for the sake of entertainment. I will say, it does get a bit redundant though. Now that I don't have my kittens to cuddle with every Saturday, I don't really have a way to recharge after an exhausting week.


Friday 4.24.20

It was announced that quarantine will continue on for the remainder of May in Illinois, which is a little annoying since I feel like life in quarantine has been so exceptionally dull. I understand that quarantine's most likely being extended because of horrible people like my friends and me that go out because we're losing our minds, but it is certainly a bummer that I'm not really going to have as much time to enjoy the spring weather with my friends. If I do get to see them at all, I'd have to break quarantine which I've done enough of already, and I'd rather not continue to make the situation worse. In the meantime, have some teeth to look at--not human, no worries.


Comments

Popular Posts