Crisis Journal: Entries VIII-X

Monday 4.6.20

I suppose you could say that the reality of the virus is starting to settle in. My mum and I went out shopping for groceries, and to go pick up a prescription, and stores were so empty. I would say that a little over half of the few people in stores were wearing masks or gloves of some kind, whether it be an actual surgical mask or a scarf over the mouth and nose. Strangely, though, there was actually a pretty significant amount of traffic. I found myself wondering where the hell everyone was headed.

In other news, the quarantine continues to drive me further into boredom. I found myself deciding that it would be a good idea to practice some break-dancing moves, since I hadn't since I last saw my brother in maybe two or three years. He did ballet and hip-hop dancing, so he would occasionally throw me around or try to teach me some moves. Naturally, I ended up knocking the wind out of me and shaking up my brain inside of my skull a bit. Not the most pleasant, but it was a learning experience.


Tuesday 4.7.20

Today was mostly uneventful, although I suppose that's kind of the nature of the quarantine. The only really interesting thing that happened was that the weather was abnormally warm--it even got up to 79 degrees--but we had a hailstorm in the evening. Although, I've noticed that just about every hailstorm I've experienced was in warmer weather just because of the way hailstones are formed, so that's not exactly too surprising either.


Wednesday 4.8.20

One might think that I had a psychotic break today, and in my craze, I shaved off my eyebrows. Unfortunately, only half of that is true--I did shave off my eyebrows a bit. This is much less interesting, but I actually saw a video encouraging anyone considering shaving off the tails of their brows to do it. Now, I wasn't considering it, but since the girl in the video had mentioned it, I decided to text a few of my friends: "Hey, I'm about to shave off the tails of my eyebrows. Please talk me out of it." They did not talk me out of it. In fact, the most common response I got was, "Do it, do it, do it!"

While I was in the middle of shaving off my tails--which ended up being more like shaving off the outer half of my brow because I was very tempted to have a Jeffree Star alien moment--I did get one text from a guy who had just shaved his head for a bet, telling me not to do it because "shaving your eyebrows can make a person look completely unidentifiable" and because he "personally liked my eyebrows." Too late, sir, I'm sorry.

On the bright side, I actually don't feel like it makes too much of a difference. I have more freedom to play with the shape of my brow whenever I fill it in, and I feel like it looks neater overall because I shaved off like 50 percent of my eyebrow hairs. I know they'll probably grow in really soon and I'll have to keep shaving them, but honestly, I had a great time and would thoroughly recommend it. What better time than now--when you literally aren't allowed to meet anyone--to screw up your face?






Comments

Popular Posts