Crisis Journal: Entry I

Friday 3.20.20

Since Trump advised that no more than ten people gather a few days ago, life has been pretty painstakingly slow. The majority of the time in my day is spent finding ways to pass the time--either by numbing by brain with the copy-and-paste content on YouTube and TikTok, or by sleeping in the middle of the day in hopes that the situation will be entirely resolved by the time I wake up. If anything, the news has only gotten progressively worse. 

I'd love to go out and spend time with my friends, since we're all free now that we don't have to attend school, but that isn't really an option. Most days I don't even go out--it's not like there's much I'd be able to do anyway. That's not to say that I haven't spent time with my friends at all, though. Despite my better judgement, I've gone to see a couple of people and have even suggested that our entire group of friends gather for a cuddle-puddle with sleeping bags. They all seemed to be in favor of the idea, though I'm certain the CDC would beg to differ.

Some good has come out of this too. For one thing, now that people (especially students) have the time, I see a lot of them actively pursuing their artistic and creative hobbies. I've also managed to start getting back into playing guitar and singing, along with getting some ink studies done in my sketchbook. 



I also found that people are using this crisis as an opportunity to connect with others--someone I know made a server on Discord so that everyone could have something to do or someone to talk to throughout the quarantine. Most nights at 8:45, we either have game night or movie night. It's nice and wholesome.

Comments

Popular Posts